Several Measures for Supporting Talent Development in Lin-gang Special Area of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
To promote the concentrated development of talents, facilitate the employment of professionals and make the best use of all kinds of talents in Lin-gang Special Area of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (hereinafter referred to as Lin-gang Special Area) in order to create a highland of domestic and foreign talents with vigorous innovation, in accordance with the spirit of relevant documents, such as the Overall Plan for Lin-gang Special Area of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (GUO FA  No 15), the Administrative Measures for Lin-gang Special Area of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (HU FU LING No 19) and Opinions on the Implementation of Preferential Policies to Boost High-quality Development of Lin-gang Special Area of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (No 20 , CPC Shanghai municipal committee), the following measures are hereby formulated.
II. Promoting the introduction of overseas talents
9. Individual income tax subsidy for high-level overseas talents. Subsidies shall be given to overseas high-end and urgently needed talents working in Lin-gang Special Area to make up the balance of individual income tax.
10. Allowing overseas talents to take Chinese examinations for registered qualification certificates. Overseas talents working in Lin-gang Special Area can take Chinese examinations to obtain the qualification certificate for registered professionals such as real estate appraisers and registered urban and rural planners.
11. Allowing registered overseas talents to do professional work in Lin-gang Special Area. Eligible registered professionals with foreign licenses in finance, architecture, planning, design and other fields can provide professional services in Lin-gang Special Area. Their work experience abroad may be regarded as domestic work experience.
12. Encouraging foreign students in schools to do part-time entrepreneurial activities. Foreign students studying at universities in Shanghai recommended by the university and Lin-gang Special Area Administration can apply to add "entrepreneurial activities" on their residence permit (study) so they can engage in part-time entrepreneurial activities in Lin-gang Special Area.
13. Encouraging students studying abroad and overseas talents to start businesses. Lin-gang Special Area Overseas Students Pioneer Park will be established to attract students who have obtained a overseas master's degree or above, or excellent foreign graduates with a bachelor's degree or above from a world-class university to start businesses in the park. Eligible projects will be given special support such as start-up funds, office subsidies, loan interest discounts and listing subsidies. Foreign students who intend to start businesses in Lin-gang Special Area Overseas Students Pioneer Park will be granted a work permit directly and their work experience abroad will be regarded as the same as domestic work experience.
14. Encouraging outstanding foreign graduates to work directly in Lin-gang Special Area. Outstanding foreign graduates with a bachelor's degree or above from an overseas high-level university who work in Lin-gang Special Area can apply for a work permit and residence permit for foreigners in China and directly work in Lin-gang Special Area with a certificate issued by Lin-gang Special Area Administration.
15. Implementing a "direct train" system for overseas students' projects that are in short supply and badly needed. Outstanding overseas students' entrepreneurial projects recommended by Lin-gang Special Area Administration can go directly to the second round of review and receive preferential support when applying for Shanghai's Pujiang Talent Program.