Several Measures for the Concentrated Development of the Biomedicine Industry in Lin-gang Special Area of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
(Excerpts from the Supportive Provisions of the Measures)
1. Supporting major projects. Based on the high-end "research and development (R&D) + manufacturing + service" layout, and focusing on biomedicine, precision medicine, high-end medical devices and other related fields, Lin-gang Special Area will build a sound biomedicine technology industry chain, support the establishment of excellent domestic and foreign biomedicine enterprises, research institutes and supporting R&D or producer service institutions, support the deepening of the "Zhangjiang-Lin-gang collaboration" mechanism and the industrialization of high-end biomedicine R&D projects, and support domestic biomedicine preparation industrialization projects that fill in domestic blanks. Specific incentives and supportive measures will be discussed and determined by Lin-gang Special Area Administration.
2. Supporting large-scale development of enterprises:
1) Enterprises that are first ranked as top 100 Chinese pharmaceutical enterprises will be offered a reward of 3 million yuan ($426,000).
2) Biomedicine enterprises that achieve for the first time an annual prime operating revenue exceeding 100 million yuan, 500 million yuan, 1 billion yuan and 3 billion yuan will respectively receive a reward of 100,000 yuan, 500,000 yuan, 1 million yuan and 2 million yuan.
3) Drug varieties that win State centralized drug procurement bids will be rewarded 2 million yuan maximum.
4) Biomedicine enterprises that achieve for the first time a sale of a single drug or medical device exceeding 100 million yuan, 300 million yuan, 500 million yuan and 1 billion yuan will respectively receive a reward of 100,000 yuan, 200,000 yuan, 300,000 yuan and 500,000 yuan.
In the above incentives for annual prime operating revenue and single product annual sales revenue, each rank is rewarded once and skipped ranks are also rewarded.
3. Supporting enterprises to develop markets:
1) Encouraging cooperation between enterprises in Lin-gang Special Area. For enterprises in Lin-gang Special Area that purchase high-quality products or services exceeding 2 million yuan annually from non-related biomedicine enterprises, a subsidy of 5 percent of the purchase invoice amount will be offered with a maximum of 2 million yuan each enterprise each year.
2) Supporting enterprises to develop international business. For enterprises with annual export value exceeding $1 million for the first time, a 100,000 yuan subsidy will be offered. Another 50,000 yuan will be given for every additional $100,000 in export value with a maximum of 2 million yuan each enterprise each year.